Thursday, June 25, 2009

SYTYCD, week 3

Ok, so I'm completely late with this post, but my basement flooded on Thursday due to the flash flooding in my neighborhood, so blogging kind of got pushed to the last priority. Also, it's been a full house around here. I'm dog sitting for my parents this week, so the monster dogs are back.

They are not monsters because they are bad- in fact they are the sweetest 100+ pound labs you've ever met. But they are BIG in my little house. We've been having fun. You might remember meeting Boomer last summer. This year, he is joined by Pistol Pete (as in the OSU Cowboy Pistol Pete, to compliment Boomer Sooner of OU, of course! Have I ever mentioned I'm from Oklahoma...?)

Anyway, I mention my house guests because Pete confirmed that Mary Murphy has the most irritating voice on the planet. Yes, I think she is very knowledgeable and probably a great dancer in her time, but wow, her voice grates across me like nothing else. Usually, I am able to fast forward though her part after each dance. Unfortunately, I was watching Wednesday night's show live, so Pete and I had to endure the screaming. I swear to you, every time she spoke (or screeched) Pete would stand up and look around with his ears back and a scared look on his face.
Here he is looking quite calm and collected, but I'd say he did not enjoy the show. Sorry, Pete.

My pick for week three was the quirky Mia Michael's piece danced by Randi and Evan. However, my tardiness in posting this week paid off, because probably my favorite piece would be the Thursday night opening group piece choreographed by Dimitri, Tabitha and Napoleon. I appreciated the little hint of Flashdance-esque flare. Enjoy!
Until next week (or I guess later this week) dance fans...

No comments: